Monday, February 20, 2012

Webinar with Tom Johnson about the Problem of Findability

by Shannon Lerner

I’ve been working on a documentation re-org over the last year, so when I saw that our chapter had scheduled Tom Johnson to speak on findability, I was quick to RSVP.

Tom’s presentation was organized and finely developed. Anyone responsible for organizing content and coordinating search tools would find the presentation informative. Such an engaging speaker is rare to find, so I was truly disappointed when Tom went over the one hour allotted. I had to head off to another meeting before he had wrapped and missed the last 5-10 minutes of his presentation.

If you weren’t able to attend (or, like me, missed the tail-end), a recording of the webinar is available on Tom’s website. Don’t miss the opportunity to read a few of his blog posts. Tom's articles are insightful and he approaches technical communication from a variety of angles: usability, corporate culture, career advice. Like me, you may also end up adding him to your reading list.

Shannon is an experienced technical communicator working in the Southwestern Ontario region.

No comments:

Post a Comment